Williams generously offers, on a case-by-case basis and free of charge, college classes to select Mt. Greylock students.
How to Register–
The Williams College Office of the Registrar and the Office of Admission process all requests and enrollment for high school students wishing to take classes at Williams. Requests from students as well as statements of support and transcripts from school counselors should be submitted online. Please find more information and enrollment instructions HERE.
Seniors in good standing and with GPAs of 3.8 or higher may submit a request to take one Williams College class during their senior year. Course offering and meeting times can be found here: http://catalog.williams.edu/
- Step 1: Meet with your guidance counselor to review your eligibility, interests, and course options. You must have support from your guidance counselor to enroll in a Williams class.
- Step 2: Fill out the online form. Upon submission, a copy will automatically be sent to your guidance counselor and the Williams Offices of the Registrar and Admission.
- Step 3: Your guidance counselor will be notified electronically and asked to fill out a short form and to attach your current high school transcript.
- Step 4: You will receive notification regarding your eligibility and course selection before the start of the semester. If approved, you will be asked to get permission, by email, from the professor who will be teaching your course. If granted, the Registrar’s Office will assist with officially registering you.
- Step 5: Williams will also require that you submit proof of your COVID vaccination and complete the academic integrity training and the code of honor forms. These links will be sent to you.
If you have any questions, please contact Dean Mendes in Williams Admissions.
*Choosing to take a course at Williams is a big commitment and should occur only when a student has a particular interest in a subject not offered at Mt. Greylock, when there are schedule conflicts, or when a student has achieved a level in a discipline not offered at Mt. Greylock. Currently, students must arrange their own transportation to and from the college. Please note that Greylock students may not park in the lots designated for Williams students, faculty or staff. The lot at the bottom of Spring St. is a good option for parking.
Greylock students may also take classes at MCLA and BCC for which a 3.0 GPA or higher is required.
For more information about college course options, please contact your guidance counselor.