“The Meals On Wheels Association of America is the oldest and largest membership organization supporting the national network of more than 5,000 Senior Nutrition Programs that operate in all 50 states and U.S. territories. The tireless work of these programs – supported by a dedicated army of 2 million volunteers – delivers a nutritious meal, a warm smile and a safety check that helps keep 2.5 million seniors healthy, safe and living independently in their own homes each year.” – mowaa.org
Do you want to volunteer with your club or sports team? Baking for weekend Meals on Wheels is a great way to help the community and even enjoy something sweet yourself.
In Williamstown, local churches in walking distance from Williams College organize the collection of baked goods and food preparation. Meals are prepared on Saturday mornings and delivered on Sundays. The Methodist and Baptist churches alternate meal duties on the first Sunday of the month, St. Patrick’s on the second, St. John’s on the third, and the First Congregational Church is responsible for the 4th Sunday.
- All baking ingredients and supplies are provided by the Center for Learning in Action!
- To get involved, please submit this quick form to sign up to bake, stop by the CLiA office, or email [email protected] for more information!
- Baked goods (rolls, biscuits, muffins or desserts) prepared off-site should be individually packaged in Ziploc bags. No other protocol is required, but just make sure food is prepared in a clean cooking environment.
- No cooking experience is required to prepare meals on-site on Saturday mornings (9:00am – 12:00pm).
- For more information about the specifics organized by the First Congregational Church, check out the FCC Meals on Wheel page.
- Contact Diana Sanchez ([email protected]) for information regarding her experience baking for Meals on Wheels!