These lessons were created by Ari Wilder and edited by Penny Sun, Veronica Gould, and Rachel Ji.
All links on this page link to word document files.
Introductory Materials (Cover Page, Overall Themes and Questions, and General Teaching Tips)
- Lesson #1: Introduction to Inheritance – Inherited Human Traits
- Lesson #2: Inherited Traits of Living Things
- Lesson #3: Introduction to Adaptation
- Lesson #4: Wings – Natural Systems and Mechanical Systems
- Lesson #5: Bird Beak Adaptation
- Lesson #6: Adaptation – Increasing Survival and Reproduction
- Lesson #7: How Does Adaptation Happen? – Adaptation Simulation
- Lesson #8: How Living Things Respond to Changes in the Environment
- Lesson #9: Adaptation – Raccoon Islands
- Lesson #10: Introduction to Behavior
- Lesson #11: Learned and Instinctive Behavior
- Lesson #12: Mapping Cricket Behavior
- Lesson #13: Research Project on Animal Adaptations