These lessons were created by Penny Sun, Veronica Gould, and Rachel Ji.
All links on this page link to word document files (except the PowerPoint Presentation file under Light Lesson 6).
Introductory Materials (Cover Page, Overall Themes and Questions, and General Teaching Tips)
Introduction to waves and Sound Unit
- Lesson #1: What Are Waves?
- Lesson #2: Types of Waves
- Lesson #3: Properties of Transverse Waves
- Lesson #4: Pitch Perfect: What is Sound?
- Lesson #5: Sound and Communication
- Lesson #6: Ears
- Additional Activities
- Lesson #1: Introduction to Light
- Lesson #2: Transparent, Translucent, and Opaque
- Lesson #3: Reflecting Light: Periscopes
- Lesson #4: Bending Light
- Lesson #5: Colors
- Lesson #6: Optics and the Eye
Additional Resources (Book List, App List, and Vocabulary List)