These lessons were revamped for the North Adams Public School System during Summer 2014 by Cindy Le, Dvivid Trivedi, Veronica Gould, and Katie Swoap. Some lessons were adapted from previous versions that can be found below.
All links on this page link to word document files.
These lessons were created by Ari Wilder in collaboration with 3rd grade teachers at Williamstown Elementary School, Greylock Elementary School, and Brayton Elementary School and edited by Penny Sun, Veronica Gould, and Rachel Ji.
Introductory Materials (Cover Page, Overall Themes and Questions, and General Teaching Tips)
Water Cycle Unit
- Lesson #1: Introduction to the Water Cycle
- Lesson #2: Exploring the Water Cycle
- Lesson #3: Where is All the Water?
- Lesson #4: Making a Terrarium
- Lesson #5: Creating a Water Cycle Story
- Lesson #1: Atmosphere and Air Pressure
- Lesson #2: Temperature
- Lesson #3: Wind Direction
- Lesson #4: Wind Speed
- Lesson #5: Precipitation – Clouds
- Lesson #6: Types of Precipitation
- Lesson #7: Air Pressure and Air Fronts
- Lesson #8: Humidity
- Lesson #9: Weather and Climate
- Ongoing Weather Activities