- Grade K: Matter and Motion (PDF)
- Grade 1: Patterns in Our World (PDF)
- Grade 1: Light and Sound (PDF)
- Grade 2: Materials Matter (PDF)
- Grade 2: Land and Water (PDF)
- Grade 3: Adaptation and Heredity (PDF)
- Grade 3: Weather and Climate (PDF)
- Grade 4: The Earth’s Surface (PDF)
- Grade 4: Energy (PDF)
- Grade 4: Waves (PDF)
- Grade 5: Food Webs (PDF)
- Grade 5: Matter and Its Interactions (PDF)
- Grade 5: Earth’s Place in the Universe (PDF)
Psychology professor Susan Engel is the director of the Williams College Program in Teaching. This is a great path for you if you would like to pursue a career in teaching. Combined with classes here at Williams, students gain classroom experience through practicum hours for course credit.
Adopted 1/26/16. Lists science topics on which MA public school students are tested according to topic and grade level. Updates and other information from the Massachusetts Department of Education can be found at their website at www.doe.mass.edu.