Mt Greylock Fellows (during the school day) – paid positions
- Time Commitment: 2 plus hours per week
- Main Academic Areas: academic support classrooms in all subjects, writing, visual arts and music classrooms (drawing, painting, photography and videography, band, orchestra and chorus), other classrooms as needed.
- Work Hours: to be scheduled between Fellow and WC@MG staff
- Where: Mt Greylock Regional School
- Contacts:Kaatje White and Liza Barrett
- Apply Here
Student Support Fellows (SSF) work in academic support and study skills classrooms with middle and high school students who benefit from extra assistance beyond the traditional classroom. The Student Support Fellows serve as role models and exhibit a desire to work with students who face academic, behavioral, and cognitive challenges. This position allows Williams students interested in working in the field of special education valuable, hands-on experience with individual students.
Writing Fellows assist students with their academic writing and the college essay through various stages of revision. Liza Barrett, Mt. Greylock Librarian and WC@MG site coordinator, provides guidance for Fellows in their engagement with student writing. In addition, some Fellows offer high school students writing critiques remotely via Google Docs.
Arts Fellows Arts Fellows work and encourage creative expression in various drawing, painting, photography and video arts classes as well as in band, orchestra, and chorus. Mt. Greylock teachers utilize their Williams Fellows in a variety of ways to better reach the needs of individual and small groups within their classrooms.
Interested in becoming a Williams Fellow? Email Kaatje White for more information. Fellows are paid on an hourly basis consistent with the college pay schedule and commit to working 2 plus hours weekly throughout the academic school year.