4-5:00 PM Sundays, Schapiro Hall 141, Williams College campus
drop-off in the Congregational Church parking lot
Student coordinators/coaches (2018-19):
Audrey Lee ‘20 [email protected] 978-505-3255
Mt Greylock contact:
Kaatje White [email protected] 413-884-2608
Model UN website for more information
The Model United Nations (MUN) pilot program at Williams is an enrichment opportunity for Mt Greylock (MG) middle and lower high school students to learn about global issues through MUN. The program is sponsored by The Williams Center at Mt Greylock and coached by Williams students who were deeply involved in MUN in their home communities. The Williams students responsible will work with MG students in small groups, to provide an individualized experience honing skills in critical thinking, writing, and public speaking. The ultimate objective is to attend at least one conference with other high school students in the state sometime next year. More information to come!
Guidelines for MUN members (MG students)
- Sessions will take place every Sunday from 4-5:30 on the Williams campus in Schapiro Hall 141.
- MG students please exchange contact information including cell numbers with MUN coaches so that you can alert each other in the event of cancellations/ or other need to communicate.
- Sessions during Williams College breaks, exam periods, and public school vacations are held at the discretion of the coaches.
- Although there will not be many assignments, MG students should expect some homework, such as research to do outside of training sessions in preparation for conferences.
- Please come to class with a positive attitude to learn and collaborate with others!
- Have a friend that wants to join the group or learn more? Please have them contact Kaatje White at [email protected] or Audrey Lee at [email protected] prior to joining MUN. No drop-ins please.
Thanks so much and enjoy Model UN!