After-School Tutoring – paid position
The After School Tutoring program was cancelled during 2020-21 due to COVID19. We hope to have this program up and running again in 2021-2022.
- Time Commitment: 1-4 hours per week
- Work Hours: Mon/Tues/Thurs 3:00-4:00pm
- Where: Williamstown Elementary School
- Contacts: Tracy Baker-White
Paid job working at Williamstown Elementary School in one-on-one or small-group tutoring of local elementary students. Tutors develop a close mentoring relationship with children in need of support and assistance, or just someone to help them out with their homework. Tutors work with the same student every week so both the student and tutor will develop a close relationship. All tutoring takes place at Williamstown Elementary, which is within walking distance of the College (approximately 5 to 10 minutes), under the supervision of a teacher. No prior experience necessary, but certainly appreciated!
- “The program made an incredible difference with my students. They were able to complete homework, but also receive one on one tutoring in various subject areas based on their individual needs.” – Williamstown Elementary Teacher
- “[I] love the program. Dealing with young kids is a good complement to hectic college stuff, which is why I love it.” – Williams Student Tutor