Recommendations for Success
- Organize the work to fit one or more of the ways our students can work for you: a) as volunteers, b) for course credit (+/-6 hrs/week during the Semester, 90+ hours during Winter Study) or c) for pay during the semester or the summer (work study or internship stipend)
- Designate a host coordinator to manage your relationship with student workers.
- Establish clear mutual expectations with students ideally via a written agreement.
- Keep track of students’ contact information & schedules, and make note of which days they participate (or don’t).
- Give students direct advice & feedback to help them learn.
- We’ll make every effort to help students get to you, but also consider assigning remote work or other creative solutions to address transportation hurdles.
- Funding assistance to pay students through Federal Work Study is possible, and support for summer interns can be provided in some cases. We can help students apply!
- Contact us at [email protected] with any questions, concerns, or suggestions for improvements. We will periodically ask you for feedback as well.